New York City, NY — Kinvolved, the social enterprise on a mission to prevent absenteeism and keep students on track to graduate, has been awarded an ERIE I BOCES RIC contract making KiNVO state aidable in New York.
KiNVO, the leading K–12 communications and attendance software, makes it easy for districts to manage attendance, communicate with equity, and engage families unlike any other solution.
“We’re ecstatic about this contract and the opportunity to support New York State districts for an extremely affordable price,” said Miriam Altman, the CEO of Kinvolved. “The timing couldn’t be better because KiNVO will be an extremely helpful tool for the upcoming school year given the unknowns around coronavirus, attendance/engagement requirements, the need to communicate with all families, and more.”
KiNVO empowers districts to centralize their communications and attendance, regardless of learning scenario, so that all stakeholders (administrators, educators, school staff, and families) are on one system. By using KiNVO, districts can:
- Engage ALL families regardless of language, internet access, literacy levels, and housing situation
- Easily manage attendance/engagement in any learning scenario (100% remote, 100% in person, or a hybrid model) with customizable class schedules and student groups
- Automate attendance notifications based on customizable triggers such as consecutive days of absence so that students don’t fall through the cracks—whether they’re in the building or engaging digitally
- Instantly identify missing or inaccurate phone numbers and email addresses
- Communicate important district updates with equity as all two-way messages are instantly translated in 80+ languages
- Engage families without them needing to download an app or remember a parent login
- Eliminate the need for individual teacher communications apps so that the district is compliant with New York State’s D-2 Law
“We’re proud to report that we serve nearly 200 schools within NYC DOE, and KiNVO helped our NYC DOE partner schools maintain engagement rates above 95% in the spring throughout COVID-19 school closures,” said Altman. “We’re excited that the ERIE I BOCES contract empowers us to expand to other regions in the state and help do the same thing across all of New York.”
Kinvolved is taking on new New York State district partners immediately to ensure they’re set up and ready to go for any attendance/communication situation that may come in the fall. If you’re a district leader in the state of New York and would like to learn more about the opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kinvolved is a social enterprise on a mission to increase student achievement by minimizing absenteeism. Our holistic approach combines technology tools and human interventions to change the deeply ingrained behaviors and external factors affecting student attendance and chronic absence, including poverty, racism, and socio-economic exclusion. Learn more at www.kinvolved.com.